If you ask the question “what is WooCommerce development?” The simple answer is you can use it to sell things on your WordPress website. In this article, we will cover what it is, what gain it can give to you, and why you should use it. It can turn a basic website made by WordPress operating system into a fully functional online store. It’s a widely accepted way to build an eCommerce site. The 25% eCommerce stores of the top 1 million websites of the world are powered by it.
What makes WooCommerce so popular?
There is a long list of reasons are there for the popularity of it among the tools to build an eCommerce website.
- It’s free to use and as well as the basic WordPress is also free.
- It’s an open-source e-commerce plug-in for WordPress. So anyone can modify or extend the code.
- It is very user-friendly. Therefore, you don’t need to be an expert in it to open an online store. So for further support, you can refer to their documentation.
- By using the plugins, we can extend the functionalities of your store without much technical knowledge.
- It works on every device. Now people are using eCommerce websites through mobile phones.
- Again without having any technical knowledge, a person can customize the looks of his website using the set of themes.
- The security it can offer is much significant than others. It comes from a billion-dollar company called Automattic who can have enough resources to secure our data.
What can you sell with it?
You can sell almost everything with the help of WooCommerce. The most common use of it is to sell physical products like dresses, footwear, electronic gadgets, etc. Websites like Amazon, Flipkart is familiar with selling these type of products. Also, the owner can charge for appointments, reservations, services, etc. If a man owns a tourist home or resort, he can let the people reserve rooms and pay the reservation fee using it. In general, if you want to sell something and receive money for that product or service then WooCommerce is the perfect choice for you. You may also use the service of a creative eCommerce development company for building the website as the way you want it.
How do you use it?
Here are the quick guide showing the steps you need to take during setup.
1. Purchase WordPress hosting and a domain name: First stage is you should buy hosting and a domain name as your permanent website address.
2. Install WordPress: After you have hosting install the basic WordPress software.
3. Install WooCommerce: Install the WooCommerce plugin and configure the basics. Once you completed this, you have a working eCommerce website.
4. Extend it with plugins and themes: This is the most interesting part. This stage includes customizing your store using two types of extensions.
- Plugins – We saw the WooCommerce plugin adds the eCommerce functionality to the basic website. Just like that the plugins can add extra functionalities to your store.
- Themes – The themes can decide the looks of the store. The more attractive pages can have more visitors. You can easily switch the themes and find out which one suits the website. There are a lot of paid and free awesome themes for you to select from.
Final Thoughts on Woocommerce
WooCommerce is an open-source plugin that can transform a basic WordPress website into a functional eCommerce website. So if you’re planning to start an online store business, then you can hire a WooCommerce agency to build the site.
One thought on “WooCommerce development: The Beginners Guide about its fundamentals”